Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Twilight Series

I have to admit that I am really enjoying the Twilight series (I am on the third book, Eclipse), but I find a couple of things are really getting on my nerves. First, I hate how I love Edward Cullen one minute, and then find him possessive and clingy the next. I also don't like how Bella seems to always doubt her own intuition. I can't count how many times I've read that she (I'm loosely paraphrasing here) "thought she saw something in Edward's eyes, but it must be her overactive imagination once again."

Um, Bella, HELLO?! It has NEVER once been your imagination!

Other than that, I am thoroughly enjoying the series. I find the plot moves along at a great pace, and I am emotionally invested in the characters. Jana, you were right. Right now I am on Team Jacob.

Maybe I should hedge my bets and cheer on Mike Newton.

8 comments:

mimi said...

MaryEllen called this morning to tell me about "Twilight", which Nathan read and recommended to her. She also read it and like it!! She was recommending it to me. Maybe I'll rethink Jana's advice to me and read the series too. Don't want to be left behind!!

Jana said...

err I can't wait for you to finish. I completely agree with you about Bella. At times I find both of them annoying. I have to keep quiet until you finished...

Tiff said...

I just made the best turkey and muenster bagel, EVER!
Oh yeah... Bella. I seem to relate to her clumsiness :)
I just started New Moon (per Jana's advice). I happen to like Jacob right now. I better go read!

Tiff said...

Sweet! I just finished New Moon. It was a little tedious at first. The "gaping hole" and whatnot...BUT I was NOT expecting the end. It just turns out to be so "cute" (for lack of a better term). Tomorrow, I'll start Eclipse.
You girls have to realize that I ACTUALLY read a 500+ page book in two days. You have started something...

Jen said...

I agree that it was tedious at first...sometimes Bella seems a little pathetic.

You will LOVE Eclipse. I promise.

Tiff said...

OK. I just finished Eclipse. I had vowed that this was it, and I wasn't going to bother with Breaking Dawn. However, I am going to open it and just read.

Yes, Bella just needs to be happy. I'm still on team Jacob. :)

Anonymous said...

I was soooo on team Jacob during New Moon, but he started to bug me by the end of Eclipse. I must admit that I am extremely obsessed with the Twilight Series, and I can't WAIT for the movie! I even made two of my friends at work read the first fifty pages of Twilight. I promised them that they wouldn't be able to put it down if they did. They are now just as addicted and obsessed as me! See, Jen and Jana, your blog has changed lives!

Jana said...

I am glad to spread the addiction. I loved the first three books. I am still getting over some of my disappointment about the fourth. I think it might be time for my blog entry...