Monday, June 30, 2008

Preparing for The Road...

I have packed a cooler, loaded the car, grabbed my GPS and am ready to set off. Oh wait wrong road...


Since I have a deep love for Cormac McCarthy *rolls eyes*, I have been procrastinating about starting this book. In fact I am pretty sure I swore I would never read another book that Cormac even looked at after being forced to read All the Pretty Horses in college. Yet, I wonder why? Why did EW choose it and make it number 1? Why did it win the Pulitzer? Why did Oprah choose it? Well Oprah was probably paid by the publisher so that answers that question.


After asking all of these questions and reading two other books, I decided I would take a page from my college days and do a little research just to further delay the project. So I took a look a some roads....






A lonely road.













A residential street....I wonder who lives here :)











Intersection including a stop light...












Double decker road...


Hmm so I guess we have learned that there are lots of different types of roads. So now I guess I will start reading....

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Page 1

Oh wait I forgot one more thing...

A mix tape or in this case a playlist, it is the 00's after all. I can't start my reading without the proper tunes.

More to come...

No comments: